12/07/17

Flaming Heart Holiday Decor

I absolutely love anything to do with Mexican folk art, don't you just love the flowers I painted on my kitchen wall? Festive right? Well I thought I'd make a flaming heart garland to match.
Enjoy!

You will need:
Ruby/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper
Emerald/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper
Violet/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper
Sapphire/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper
Flaming heart die by Sizzix
Tacky glue
Cardstock
Tools to emboss / foam pad
String or wire garland
Tape

I ran the foiled paper and flaming heart die through my die machine in all the foiled paper colors, using the back side of some for 'gold' as needed.
Then I separated all the layers.

I traced one of the hearts onto cardstock and cut this out just a lit bit larger than the trace.
I made enough for each flaming heart.
Next I began to assemble the hearts, alternating the layers and securing with glue.

I placed the hearts onto a foam pad and used various tools to gently press into the foil to create a 'hammered' tin effect.

The bone folder adds nice ridges into the 'flames' of the heart.

Then I turned over the hearts and taped the wire garland to their backs. You can also use string or ribbon. I used wire so I can eventually hang the garland onto a small Christmas tree I decorate with Mexican folk art ornaments.

See more Foiled Paper idea's on the Rinea blog!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...